Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nicholas Sparks

I think I'm in love with Nicholas Sparks, actually no, I think I'm obsessed. There's just something about the way he writes with such an honesty and innocence. His stories become addicting to probably every female who has ever had the privilege to read one of his novels. However, I do have one complaint about his books; he creates false, unrealistic depictions of men. I'm sure there are some Will Blaklees, Noah Calhouns, and Landon Carters in this world. But really, how often do we come along guys like these? Guys who would do anything for you. Guys who stand by you when you have cancer, guys who stand by you when you are on your death bed from Alzheimer’s, and guys who love you for who you are. Those guys are miraculous. And I can't say that I truly believe in miracles, at least not until I witness or experience one myself.
I finished reading “The Last Song” last night and saw the movie on Sunday night. It was incredible. The movie was so well made and perfectly cast (Liam Hemsworth, I LOVE you:).The plot was dramatic and interesting and woven into the story were little lessons about life and love that are invaluable. It was extremely sad and I bawled practically the whole second half of the movie. But when the movie ended I realized I wasn’t just crying because the movie was sad. I was crying because I realize Will Blaklees (the main guy in the movie) do not exist. Even if they do, I doubt I will find one. To think that I won’t probably ever find someone like that is quite depressing.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that there is no such thing as “the perfect person”. We just have to settle for someone who is perfect for us. As much as I want a Will Blaklee or Noah Calhoun, I know that it will take some time to find a love like that; that kind of love that is blind and sees through imperfections and flaws, an everlasting one. And I know that I’m probably not even mature enough to handle something like that at the moment, as much as I want to believe that I am. So for the time being, I will continue to read exceptional novels written by Nicholas Sparks and hope that someday I will find my Will Blaklee, or Liam Hemsworth, either one works:).

No comments:

Post a Comment