Thursday, October 15, 2009

Magical Music

As cliched and seemingly unoriginal as this is, I have gotten the idea from several of my fellow bloggers to post a couple of music videos with my input on the songs. So bear with me, while you read another one of "those" blog posts!



Glee does it again! Now it’s not one of the best shows portraying the wonderful world that is show choir, but the music from this show is fantastic! I think it’s outstanding how the Glee Cast takes popular songs such as “Somebody To Love” and turn it into something completely original. They put a unique twist on each song they make covers for and its nice to hear something different from the original. That’s one of the great things about a unique cover, you don’t compare it to the original and you think of it as something that is one of a kind. The guitar solos and catchy lyrics and melody make you want to get up your feet, jump into the television and dance along with the Glee Cast.



I was channel surfing on an ordinary school night and ran into a commercial on Teen Nick that played this song in the background. Being the show choir fanatic I am, I immediately thought, “this would be a great song for a show choir to perform.” It has a lot of harmonies and parts to it that make the song more complex and interesting to listen to. Mika really is a great group, from Happy Ending, to this song. They always produce memorable upbeat music with a variety of different voices and harmonies, blending together to form some of the most appealing music I’ve ever heard.



Michael Buble is phenomenal, an utter musical genius. Every time he opens his mouth it is magical. Every note is flawless and the passion and love he has for music is completely apparent when you hear him. He is a fairly new musician who has risen to fame with hits from “Everything” to “Cuando”, but Feeling Good is one of his best songs in my opinion. A friend told me about this and referred to this song as her “mood lifting” song. After a terrible day, she would blare this song and immediately feel better. Listen to it, and you’ll understand why. The lyrics are uplifting comparing happiness to “shining stars”, “blossom on the tree”. It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me, and I’m feeling good. It’s never too late to forget about the bad things and start with a clean slate. The bass in this song is alluring, and definitely another one of the reasons I love it so much. After purchasing this song on iTunes, I also found out that our school’s varsity show choir performed it as well, so I would highly recommend checking that out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment