Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weak

Weakness is inevitable, certain, and can consume you. Relying on other people for your happiness is quite bizarre and will almost always result in disaster. A wise woman once said, "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left." Marilyn Monroe is my idol. Any woman, who can say this and actually do it, is quite remarkable. Being self-dependent is probably one of the hardest things in life, but I’ve realized that if you always rely on other people to make you complete, you will always end up heart broken. In fact, this epiphany struck me today. Friends, boys, family; everyone will eventually let you down, but the day you let yourself down is when you truly loose everything. Everyone wants to love someone blindly and passionately, but I’ve learned that you can’t trust anyone with your whole heart. And that’s something that if you give away, you’ll never get back. In fact, I think I have trust issues sometimes. I can be very secretive with the people who care about me, but at the same time if someone gives me the time of day, I seem to trust them much too easily. I’m not really sure why I am able to believe the lies and deceit of strangers, but I can’t trust some of my best friends. Maybe it’s because what a stranger thinks about me isn’t nearly as important as what my friends and family do. Gosh, I love blogging. It’s such a good way to pour my thoughts out into words. It feels so good afterwards to. So to conclude this post, I will close with a quote from none other than Marilyn Monroe that describes me to a “T”: "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

No comments:

Post a Comment